Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Christmas Tree is Down.. Yes I am serious!!!!

I took our Christmas Tree down last night and it was sort of a sad occasion.  I know some of you are reading this thinking this chick is nuts.  Most sane people take the Christmas Tree down within a week of Christmas, if not the day after, right?  Not us...  Luckily I married a man who loves Christmas and our Christmas Tree as much as I do.  We love to have the lights on at night and just enjoy the subtle glow, it is beautiful.  I enjoy looking at the ornaments that represent the years of my children's lives. The weeks leading up to Christmas are crazy and I don't get a chance to truly bask in the memories of what the tree represents to me.  Now the time after Christmas is something different.  Life slows down a bit and I can sit and enjoy the Gingerbreadman that Sarah made in Kindergarten or Brass Ornament that was engraved in honor of Liz's birth. Call me goofy or sentimental, but by all means call me a MOM who LOVES her children, the memories of past years of tree decorating parties and a woman who will sit on the couch with a cup of tea and gaze at a Christmas Tree in February and smile at the memories.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I understand completely about the Christmas tree thing! I keep one up year-round and decorate it according to what is happening that month. At the moment it has hearts and all things Valentine. I, too, love the warm glow and the feeling that the tree gives the room.