Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It is all over, where are the hotflashes????

Well it is finally all done. I had surgery last week and feel great.. REALLY.... I think the days leading up to the surgery were, by far, the worst. We had a terrible blizzard that day and I was a nervous wreck.. If anyone knows me, they know I have a phobia of bad weather and car trips. Well, add to that a scheduled surgery and you have MY PERFECT STORM... (no pun intended). I had to be at the hospital at 5 AM and Greg got home at 11:45 PM. You guessed it and so did he.... I begged him to leave right then, I would rather wait in the hospital waiting room then in my living room worried sick. The trip usually takes about 1 hour. USUALLY.... BUT... It was a solid 2 hours of unreal conditions and roads that you could not see. We knew we were off the road when you heard the rumble strips on the side of the road. We took the 4 wheel drive truck because he said the car would have never made it... Well all I can say is God Bless My Husband....He had worked a full work day and then dealt with this nightmare (ME) and then the trip..

The surgery was a breeze compared to that nightmare, at least for me... In fact, I would go so far as to say that it has been easier than my 2 c-sections to deliver the girls AND I don't have to take care of a newborn baby..... YEAH!!!! I have even noticed a decrease in my headaches that I have had for nearly 10 years, I sure did not expect that... I have to remind myself to take it easy...

God is Good, even in the middle of a blizzard and the midst of surgery. He cares for and loves us, now if only I could act like I REALLY believe that, ALL the time, not just when it is easy...

No comments: